Cancer Fitness invites you to participate in a comprehensive program designed specifically for cancer patients at any phase of their diagnosis. Our Cancer Exercise Trainers explain how to modify your exercises tailoring each program for you specifically. You have been encouraged to lead a healthy life throughout your treatment. We can help you strengthen your muscles, improve your balance, decrease fatigue, and improve your quality of life through cancer fitness.
- Fitness is Recovery ( combat cancer and the harsh side-effects of treatment with proven fitness techniques and exercises) We follow the American Cancer Society guidelines.
- Lifestyle education (share the latest strategies to get fit and stay healthy through educational materials from reputable sources, guest speakers, and nutritionists)
- Stress reduction – ( Cancer Connection, Qigong, and Tai Chi promote stress reduction)
- Connection, community, support – (provide emotional support in a community environment)
- Advocate for yourself – (learn how to become an advocate for yourself – from treatment into survivorship)
- Other comprehensive wellness programs (resources for other health challenges i.e. weight gain, range of motion, loss, quality of life issues, actives of daily life, fatigue, and loss of balance)
- In addition we offer personal training, aqua classes, Zumba, and much more!
Our Support Group, “Cancer Connection”, is held on the third Monday of each month at 2:00 pm in the Wellness Center conference room.
Medical Integration Program Manager, Personal Trainer
Susan has lived most of her life in Southern California. She earned a Bachelor’s of Sciences degree in Biological Sciences from the…Read More