What types of Pilates classes and training do you offer?
- Pilates mat classes are offered as part of the group exercise schedule (see website for days/times).
- We offer private and semi-private (2 – 4 clients) fee-based sessions in the Pilates Studio.
What do I wear to a Pilates mat class?
- Wear workout attire that is comfortable and appropriate.
- Pilates may be done in bare feet or in socks with a tread on the bottom.
Where are the Pilates mat classes held?
- Most of our mat classes are held in the Mind/Body studio located on the first floor.
- Power Pilates is held in the group exercise studio on level 2.
Are mats provided?
- No, participants need to bring their own mats for all mat classes.
Do I need to reserve a space for Pilates mat?
- Due to limited space in our Mind/Body studio, we utilize a class pass system for reserving a spot in the class. Passes are available at our front desk beginning 2 hours before the start of each class.
- You must be in the facility to pick up a pass. Only 1 pass per person.
How long are the Pilates mat classes?
- Power Pilates is 45 minutes, all other mat classes are 60 minutes.
How do I participate in Pilates studio training at TCWC?
- All Tri-City Wellness Center members receive one Complimentary Pilates demonstration.
- Contact marianne.seare@activewellness to schedule your demo.
How do I schedule my Pilates training once I’ve had my demo?
- All sessions are scheduled directly through your Pilates trainer.
Is there an additional cost for Pilates training?
- Yes, all training that takes place in our Pilates studio is fee-based.
What Pilates equipment do you have at TCWC?
- We have 4 studio reformers, 1 trapeze table, and 3 EXO chairs.
What is unique about the Pilates trainers at TCWC?
- All of our Pilates Studio trainers have comprehensive certifications in the Pilates method.
- Some have been teaching this method for more than ten years, and all of the trainers are skilled at working with people of all ages and fitness levels.
- Our trainers are passionate about this work and are patient and compassionate teachers.
What do I wear to my Pilates training session?
- Wear clothing that is comfortable and appropriate, and enables the trainers to correct form. Pilates is performed in bare feet or with sticky socks designed for studio training.
How long is each session?
- Private and small-group sessions last 55-60 minutes. 30-minute private sessions are also available.
Is the Pilates Studio open for members to use the equipment on their own?
- Participants must have a scheduled session with a trainer in order to use the Pilates equipment.